Keith McPherson attended Centenary College of Louisiana, a private liberal arts college in Shreveport on academic and athletic soccer scholarships where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology in 1986 while playing NCAA division I soccer all four years.
From 1986 to 1988 he attended the University of Nebraska at Omaha where he earned his Master of Arts in Psychology. While earning his degree he also worked as a psychology intern for the Meyer’s Children’s Rehabilitation Institute, an adjunct facility of the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Following graduate school Keith next attended the University of Arkansas School of Law in Little Rock and earned his Juris Doctor in 1991. After his first year of law school, in 1989, he was hired as a law clerk by Richard Watts at the Laser Law Firm. He then practiced for 25 years as a trial attorney for the Laser Firm before re-joining Richard and David Donovan in 2016 at Watts, Donovan & Tilley.
Keith’s current primary practice areas include defense of automobile liability negligence, trucking negligence, products liability, premises liability, construction liability defense, medical malpractice, personal injury defense, Fair Debt Collections and Arkansas Deceptive Trade Practices Act cases, employment discrimination, and worker’s compensation defense. He has also handled cases involving nursing home and medical malpractice, fire loss, civil rights, trademark infringement, boating accidents and business torts.
He is licensed to practice before the Arkansas Supreme Court and Arkansas Court of Appeals, all federal district courts in Arkansas, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. Keith has tried over 100 bench and jury trials across the state of Arkansas.
REPORTED APPELLATE DECISIONS:
• Hackleton v. Larkin, 326 Ark. 649, 933 S.W.2d 380, (1996)
• Bostic v. Cartwright Van Lines, 1996 Ark. App. LEXIS 197
• Hillcrest Nursing Home v. Burnside, 1996 Ark. App. LEXIS 759
• Brown v. Country Woods Estate, 1997 Ark. App. LEXIS 86
• Ellis v. Burlington Indus., 1999 Ark. App. LEXIS 592
• White Consol. Indus., v. Galloway, 74 Ark. App. 13, 45 S.W.3d 396, (2001)
• Yu v. Metro Fire Extinguisher Co., 94 Ark. App. 317, 230 S.W.3d 299 (2006)
• Reimer v. Ragsdale, 2011 Ark. App. 81
• Johnson v. Pat Salmon & Sons, 2011 Ark. App. 48